Announcements
Become a partner of Graphic Holdine, use the correct post!

New updates from Forumotion :) on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:43 pm
Typlo on FDF wrote:
NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Hello,

In order to continuously improve our services and to bring you the best in the world of forums, we offer you today a new update that will add three brand new features. Very Happy

Without making you wait longer, here are the contents of this update:

1. Modifying the footer of your forums : In exchange of credits, you will know be able to delete the footer. Extra feature, you can also add your own links for free!

2. More options in the moderation panel : You will now be able to change several topics at a time to 'sticky', 'announcement' or 'normal' in a few clicks!

3. Your forum on your Mobile phone : Now, your forums are fully optimized for browsing via mobile devices and smartphones. The principle is very simple, the forum will automatically detect the visitors who access it from a mobile device or smartphone, and it automatically displays a version optimized for this type of navigation.
Of course, the visitor does not wish to use the mobile version will be available to him the possibility to return to normal view forum.
This feature is still in beta, you will only be able to browse the forum as a guest. No posting yet.

Finally, A big THANK YOU to the entire Forumotion community for all those brilliant ideas!
See you soon!

Best,
Forumotion Team

Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:20 pm
Administrator
Respected Member

Wow awesome ... We Like it a lot

Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:02 am
Premium User
Respected Member
yea, cool!

Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:41 am
Technicians
Respected Member
It is indeed very cool but I really do hope the tech group of FM can solve the bugging soon.

The higher you fly, the harder you fall
...or...
The harder you fall, the higher you fly
Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:50 am
Administrator
Respected Member
I think its fixed Very Happy

« HTML + CSS + jQuery »
Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:04 pm
Respected Member
This is so cool..

Graphic Holdline

High Quality Graphics.
Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:50 pm
Forum Member
Respected Member
Its good that you can browse your forum using a mobile phone or smartphone.
I never liked forumotion actually.

Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:41 pm
Technicians
Respected Member
@Nick: Many out there don't really like it but through my survey, Forumotion offers the most, from template designing to stand-alone pages. Others would want you to flash them the money to access to them for a limited time.

...or...
Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:43 am
on my phone it don't go!

i have a Samsung GT s5230 Star

Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:54 am
Forum Member
Respected Member
Japorized wrote:@Nick: Many out there don't really like it but through my survey, Forumotion offers the most, from template designing to stand-alone pages. Others would want you to flash them the money to access to them for a limited time.

Correct but a huge dissadvantage is forum security and bad customer service Wink

Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 am
Technicians
Respected Member
It applies the same for each and every other free hosting sites. No one can ever guarantee a website's security, not even Google itself.

As for customer service, we're not paying them to do something and they don't force you to pay them. So, they don't actually need so sweet talk to us, or do something very good to please its users. From another perspective, they're doing it at will for the users. That would indirectly attract more customers to support and eventually donate to them.

...or...
Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:42 am
Forum Member
Respected Member
yea and its not that hard to make mobile version Very Happy

you just make a simpler website version using only html or simple css and use javascript to detect that if the user uses a mobile browser it will redirect him to the mobile page Wink

Re: New updates from Forumotion :) on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:21 am
Technicians
Respected Member
Actually, it's kinda hard to view forums through mobile cause of the tiny contents and complex arrangement for a phone. So I prefer not using the phone for surfing purpose except for social sites or those important searches.

...or...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Designed by Jaloxin, Coded by Gangstar15 © 2011 All rights reserved.

Private forum on Forumotion | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum